This Happiness Happens Day is extra special because it’s our 20th.
When I started the Society, in my wildest dreams I couldn’t have planned for us to be sharing happiness twenty years later. I’m so grateful for you, our members, and those connected to us through all of our social media sites. You make me smile with every email you send, every post you do, and every like, RT, or heart.
I wasn’t sure how to celebrate today.
- Did we want to do a throwback and tell everyone to share silver kisses – why silver kiss? Not-so-secretly happy people have a way to find the silver lining in even the darkest clouds.
- Did we want to do a zoom call for a group pink lemonade toast?
- Could I put together a flash mob?
- Did I want to host a party with a big cake like we did on our first birthday?
After months of pondering the options, and given this year’s theme — Be the Reason Someone Smiles, today I want you to celebrate you.
Be the Reason YOU Smile Today
Many times mostly happy people spend so much time focusing on what makes others happy they don’t always think about what makes them happy. Today do a small something that makes you smile:
- Go to your favorite restaurant for lunch
- Get a manicure or pedicure or both
- Give yourself 10 minutes of precious silence
- Enjoy an ice cream cone
- Watch a favorite movie, again
- Read your book before going to sleep
- Wear your favorite sandal
- Buy yourself something fun to wear
- You get the idea, do something that’s just for you that makes you smile.
Then, take a selfie, and post it on all of your social media sites with the hashtag: #HHDSmiles
Then ask your social media friends to share a selfie of them smiling too. Let’s fill the social media feeds with smiles today.